About the position:
We are looking for a talented, versatile, experienced and well-connected business development manager to form part of the growth team with the vision to drive the product growth lines, revenue, customer acquisition, brand as well as partnership efforts during these exciting times of our expansion.
This role is one of the most important roles in our organization and requires agility, commitment and focus at work.
The responsibilities are:
- Manage and optimize our sale processes, customer acquisition processes including acquiring new customers via following up on leads and developing new leads for both our B2B and B2C branches of business.
- Produce regular reports, tracking the new acquisitions made monthly by sectors and conversions.
- Proactively manage, upsell, support, advice and inspire a portfolio of existing SME customers based in Nigeria, predominantly over the phone, email and other communication channels used by Gigalayer.
- Serve as the first point of contact for Gigalayer, predominantly over the phone, walk-in, meetings and via email.
- Meet/exceed revenue targets for your portfolio of accounts on a monthly basis.
- Build rapport and strengthen our relationships with our customers
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience and have the deep product knowledge to create a seamless customer experience
- Build deeper relationships across divisions and entities for some of Gigalayer more complex accounts
- Grow existing single office accounts into multi-office / multi-country customers
- Maintain a record of all customer interactions with a CRM tool
- Create monthly reports on SME, enterprise, partnerships, new accounts, product data for help in building new account marketing strategies to the Management
- Work with team leads in managing Gigalayer's vertical marketing efforts and help shape the ongoing vertical strategy and brand building.
- Help refine the brand partnership and marketing/PR strategy, identifying and executing against brand elevating partnerships and activations that align with Gigalayers’s brand vision.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with existing strategic partners, working with Giga Layer’s Sales and Customer Support teams.
- Help to identify, define and launch new marketing programs, aimed at acquiring customers in a relevant and meaningful way.
- Work with the Tech and CS teams to amplify marketing activities and help improve awareness and impact among target audiences.
- Really get to know our customers— what they buy, what they love, what they need.
- Core Digital Marketing efforts: content plan, social media strategy plan, growth plan, retargeting, SEO drive, Google ads and video ads push strategy.
Our requirements are:
- Proven 2years or more work experience in Marketing, Sales or Business.
- Experience in initiating and driving GTM (Go-to-Market) programs, including webinars, trade shows, social media, etc.
- Excellent English representation, both written and verbal communication with an eye for attention to details.
- Ability to lead, inspire and mentor direct and indirect reports.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and at the same time apply teamwork across departments to accomplish goals.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Friendly, open-minded, confident, and ambitious – you’re looking to work hard, have fun, and enjoy your workday!
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Degree in Social Science, Business Administration, Marketing or Sales.